- U.S - Africa Relations: Eastern Africa and the Horn Position Paper Final Report
- U.S. - Africa Relations: Southern Africa Position Paper
- Relations entre Ies USA et I'Afrique: Note d'orientation pour I'Afrique de I'Ouest Francophone Rapport final
- Relations entre les USA et I'Afrique: Note d'orientation pour I'Afrique Centrale Rapport final
- Relations entre les USA et I'Afrique: Note d'orientation pour I'Afrique du nord Rapport final
Framework for US-Africa Relations
Recognized as the fastest growing region in the world with enormous natural resource potential, Africa offers vast opportunities in terms of new technologies, investments, access to potential markets, and new types of consumers. This explains the growing interest of countries such as China, India, Malaysia, Turkey, Brazil, etc. which have recently increased their presence and investments in the continent. The U.S has been relatively slower to react to the potentialities and new developments happening in Africa. However, recently, there has been a change in the dynamics: Africa now plays an increasingly significant role in supplying energy, preventing the spread of terrorism, etc. and is recognized as a strategic partner.